NIPTICT – National Institute of Posts, Telecommunications and Information Communication Technology
Research field: Engineering and Technology: Electrical engineering, electronics
National Institute of Posts Telecommunications and Information Communication Technology (NIPTICT) is a newly established institute, found in January 2014, which is under supervision of Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications of Cambodia (MPTC) and has its mission on formal education, training, research and development of posts, telecommunications and information communication technology.
National Language Processing
- Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR)
- Text-To-Speech (TTS)
- Optical Character Recogntion (OCR)
- Machine Translation (MT)
- Automatic Speech Translation
Rural ICT Development
NIPTICT is committed to become a premier public research and training institution in Cambodia and in the region by providing state-of-the-art education, research and training in the fields of posts, telecommunications and ICT. The mission of NIPTICT in the context of the ASEAN Economic Integration is to develop highly qualified and committed professionals who will play a leading role in the development of Cambodia and its integration into the ASEAN Economic Community.
- Integrating leading-edge information technology into teaching, learning, research, and school management
- Collaborating with international universities and research institutions in joint-research to gain regional and international recognition and contribute to address regional and global issues
- Linking, through our curriculum, research to the industries to assure that our curriculum design is answering to the job market and allow us to create partnership for R&D, innovation and services for the community.
- Promoting Innovation and Entrepreneurial spirit to our students to allow them to be creative talents of the next generation.
- Providing the best professional development and career management opportunities for our faculty and staff with special efforts on capacity building, social networking skills and leadership.
To be primier National R&D Center and to develop Posts, Telecommunications and ICT in Cambodia by promoting efficient, sustainable and effective initiative through synergic development of industrial and academic resources.
R&D Department to contribute to the development of Cambodia’s capability in Posts, Telecommunications and ICT technologies through:
- Research, development, design and engineering
- Technology transfer to industries and communities
- Human resource development
- Policy research and industrial intelligence and knowledge infrastructure development
Sun Rapid, NIPTICT deputy director, said so far, the institute has become an important technology training center. One is that, besides focusing on more vocational training in telecommunication technology to government officials, educational institutions This also taught students at the universities level include Bachelor of E-Commerce and Logistics (Post, Telecommunication and Logistics), Bachelor of Telecoms and Networking (Telecommunications and Networks), and Faculty of Computer Science.
“The important thing is that NIPTICT has set up a National Technology Research Center for Work,” said Sun Rapid. At the national level and for regional and international relations as well”
“In this era of global growth, this kind of technology has created every country,” he said Research Centers Are Essential. “
“Our study at our institute also teaches students to do business in the ICT sector. These are different from other institutions. ” According to Rapid.
Address (Current Campus)
#41, Russian Federation Blvd, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Address (New Building and Campus)
New building and Campus of NIPITCT is about 7 kilometers north from center of Phnom Penh on national road 6A.